Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The Obligatory Thanksgiving Blog

So what am I thankful for? That's what everyone is supposed to ask you on this holiday. Of course, Thanksgiving is supposed to be the calm before the storm of Black Friday (I guess the Triptophen in the Turkey is supposed to make you sleep so you can get up the next morning and shop.) But seriously, things this year have been much better than the year before, and I do have things to be thankful for.

Actually, there should be more days built in so that you can reflect on what you've done in your life. Not just Thanksgiving and New Year's Eve (cause those are days for football), but days for us to stop and read what we've done. I know, let's make a day where everyone goes back and reads their blogs and sees what they've done over the past year. See where they've been. Blogging Day.

My main thanks is to Amber, who has kept me informed of my family in Milledgeville, and has been so patient through all the stuff they've been through. I only hope I can support her when she needs a shoulder.

And I am thankful to have Lee as a brother and as a friend. I'm always there for you guys, you know that. I recall that Christmas tree that I got you and tried to send to you up at the hospital on the hill, and they wouldn't let me bring it in. I still get a sense of melancoly when I pass by it at CVS. It's been a year since then, and now you've grown up and now have a life light years from that. Be thankful for all you've learned, and for the people who have lifted you up. I'll be there to support you in whatever you do, whatever you become.

I am thankful for my job at Borders, because I have a place here in Conyers where I actually feel like I have friends here. There is nothing that can be better as a workplace than a place where you feel like the perfect pieces to a puzzle. It feels like an episode of Star Trek: TNG during the later seasons when everything gels so well together. And the experience I get there will help me in the future, so that I can finally get out on my own, get a place where I can help those that I love and find my niche in this life. I'm almost there.

I'm also thankful for my Prozac, which helps me on days when I need it. :)

I'm thankful for the Internet sites I go to, like Myspace and Neopets, because it's good to be distracted every now and then. Reality is too harsh for any one person to be surrounded by for too long .

May all of you in the US have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and for anyone not in the US, take the time to do what we do and ask what we are thankful for. Sometimes the world seems dreary and full of bad news, but there is always things to be happy or thankful for. People to love, the joys of living everyday and building upon the successes of the day before.

And finally, I'm thankful for the heater in my room, and the cool pillow in which I am about to lay my head.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment