Monday, November 13, 2006

and Pooh too... hehehehe...

So after having woken up at, oh, 10:00am (I am a morning person, after all), I turn on TV and find, amongst the drivel that usually fills the channels this time of day (or any time of day, for that matter), I found Disney's old Pooh movie. Which got me to thinking.... think.... think.... well, after all, Pooh is my namesake, so it seems only natural that I should look like him too.

Anyway, I read this book, The Tao of Pooh which takes A.A. Milne's characters and applies Tao teachings to them and does a psychological profile for all of them. But you hardly need a book to point out what's all around you. Everyday I meet people who could be part of the hundred acre wood. Just thinking of Borders, there's Eyeore, and Rabbit, and Piglet, and Tigger (ME!!), and anyway... and maybe that's a good thing, because there are so many different types of people, and to be in a place where everyone gets along as well as the characters in the Hundred Acre Wood.

As for me, I'm half Pooh, and half Tigger, which is an unusual combination, cause the brain does backflips, but the body gets tired. And honestly, there's a little of every character in each of us, but some are a little more prevailant than others. I know an Owl, and a Kanga, some Roos, and quite a few Eeyores

So which one are you? I guess that this whole blog is that one question. And if you don't know the answer, read The Tao of Pooh to find out, or just read Milne's books. I did, during Spring Break one year in College, and they're just as entertaining for adults as they are for children. TTFN!!

1 comment:

  1. I've read this blog post several times, and honestly, I don't think you're a Pooh or a Tigger. I think you're a Christopher Robin. On one hand, you have fun and live life to the fullest, and on the other hand, you are equipped with wisdom at the ready just in case it is needed. It might be just me, but that is what I think.

    ReplyDelete